Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My husband discussion...

SO,my father and I were talking today. He was complaining about my telephone bill( which he helps me with because I have rent to pay and I am a broke college student). He then says, and I am pretty sure he was serious, that I needed to find a husband. My dad assumes that a man will take care of his wife. I told him tradition was sadly out the drain. I was laughing about the whole situation but then I was like...that's not funny. I do honestly want a guy not a douche and getting or has his act together. Yes, i am still a huge fan of traditional dating and courtship.

where the hell did it go? Is it on the basis of how women ALLOW MEN TO TREAT US? Yes, the people whining about not having a decent man...we are to blame.we allow the men to think it's okay to treat us bad, to cheat on us. It is dumb to be like...it's okay he is doing his dirt because I am out doing my dirt. TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT. AND IF YOU ARE REALLY NOT COMMITTED TO SOMEONE YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE THE BALLS OR THE BOOBS TO BE HONEST. It's funny how people label themselves as adults but are truly childlike in every single way other than their anatomy,go figure.

anyways back to my facebook status....SO I PUT MY STATUS AS A JOKE,BUT IT TRIGGER SOME PEOPLE TO REAL FEEL SERIOUS ABOUT IT.

my status is as follows:

um, my daddy says my next project is to find a decent husband or sugar daddy. lol. Help wanted...2 hours ago


people giving the thumbs up on the idea. I mean, I am not very old but i still want something stable, esp during a financial crisis. I mean, arranged marriages are looking very appealing these days. I just don't have the time or energy for dating anymore. I just want someone to learn to work along with me and one day we start a family.

i personally believe love is a word thrown around. So, I think i could learn to love someone if needs be it. I rather share a place with a man I am with and we both are working together to get ahead in life than rooming with 3 females who are more yap than action. This will be my status for the next year.

Sometimes, i even think about getting back with my ex just because at least we knew the good, bad and ugly of one another. I could see myself with him and just suck up the bullshit. But, eh...if we are meant to be I am sure some random shit will get us back together. Something is going to have to give though.

Btw, school is getting on my last nerve and looking for a good job. UGH....i hate how life is all about money. good grief.

when Penn and Teller said BULLSHIT. ha, they meant it. peace.

2 comments:

  1. I know right. When you're little, you don't realize it actually costs money just to LIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I think the "guy taking care of his wife" thing depends on the guy and how serious he is. My boyfriend prefers to pay for things like food, etc, for me bc he knows I have financial problems. It isn't that I expect him to pay for everything, or that he even has to, but he says he likes to pay for things because he likes to take care of me.

    I agree that women allow men to treat them a certain way. It's safe to assume that most guys want a fuck buddy. If you sigh and agree that you're ok with it, you'll be used. If you refuse to elt yourself be treated that way, the ones that really only want that will disappear, and the other ones will step up.

    I think that even little things that you let someone get away with shape teh way you are perceived and treated. When I first started going out with my boyfriend, he would drop the door on me ALL THE TIME. It wasn't a huge deal, and he wasn't doing it to be mean. He genuinely just didn't pay attention. Until I called him on it. Hell, even if it's just a stranger, I don't want anyone dropping a door shut on me. It's rude and disrespectful. I'm not saying that some things can't be let go, but women that continually allow men to "drop the door on them" because they figure "oh he's just a guy, that's what they do" are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

    And women who knowingly are "the other woman" should be beaten with a shoe.

    ReplyDelete