Sunday, July 4, 2010

Letting go of Fears.





Well, I have not been personally blogging in a long time...maybe more than a year or so! So much has changed, in both good and bad ways! Where there is change, there is always room for growth! Much growth has happened in the past year or so for me!


I am finally not saying, I wish I could do this and that...now I am acting on it! There is so much power when you bring words into reality!


I finally am starting to make progression in creating a website for the people and by the people! I am falling more and more in love with this mission everyday!


If you have not visit my site http://www.fromgirltogirl.com/ , you should definitely check it out! I have been spending quite some time on it and now it is growing into a passion, not just a job for me!


This summer has been amazing to say the least! And I am learning, slowly but surely, that happiness does not always come externally. The greatest amount of happiness comes from within!


For years I use to wonder, what or who could make me happy! How wrong was I to seek happiness from outside sources beyond myself! Although material goods and people outside of myself can enhance my happiness, at the end of the day, I have to learn to be happy with me. I have to learn to love me.


Now, I am not saying I am fully there...but I am learning to truly love myself. Sometimes, the hardest lessons to learn to love ones' self comes from letting go of some of those external sources and attachments.


Recently, I have been letting go of many things and many people. Some things and people I did not want to necessarily let go for fear I could not have better....including the categories of friends, romance, work, and family. But now, I am starting to feel this was the best action for me. Letting go has open so many doors for me! God has made me gain trust in myself more.


I am starting to learn that I will not have worries when I bring my problems to the Lord. Everytime I have been in a bind, some way, some how, a miracle has seen me through it all!



I have been working and living in DC for a little more than two years. I am an intern learning amazing things about politics and policy! So much I did not know! And I am gearing up for my senior year!


I am finally putting my life back in shape in a physical, spiritual and mental sense.


So many decisions to make and so little time! Although stressful, it is, and I hope it continues to be a fabulous adventure.


I am excited to share my journey. I am excited to share my voice!



Until my next blog post, follow me on twitter @Briana_fierce! I post daily here on my life happenings! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment