Saturday, May 23, 2009

Never settle for less!

Hello. Today I was looking on tyra banks' website just out of boredom. I saw an amazing blog post by Kendall. It is so true, how to stay fierce! She talks about getting what you want and not just what men want out of a relationship! Never settle for less than what you think you deserve! I have learned the hard way that settling for less never works as planned! I'm learning to love myself and if a guy isn't worth my time, I have learned to drop it and move on.

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/single_fierce/kendall/how_to_stay_fierce.php?adid=052509_single



the article above is I highly recommend to read. It said to write a list of things looking for in a significant other. I thought I should write one! I had a joking list when I was in highschool,but this is my serious list. I'm not getting any younger and someday I would like to have a family of my own. I'd like to experience motherhood. I'd like to be married, if God wills me to be! SO, here is my list of things I look for in a man:


1.Intelligence: I have learned that no one can take that away from you!Two people can do amazing things together when wits, logic skills and positive ambitions come together. Just look at President Obama and First lady Mrs. Obama!


2. Optimistic: I do not want a gloomy person who always looks down about everything. If you don't think you can do it, who will?

3. A realist: Look at things for what they may be and then take the situation and make the best of it.

4. Keep real: I have learned the hard way the truth shall set you free. Usually, lying takes more effort and if someone can't handle the truth about you, what you do, or anything about you,it's time to move on. The truth is what it is and there is no better feeling than stating or doing all you can do! So refreshing!

5. Sense of Humor: I am one who likes to enjoy life! I know there is a time to be serious and a time to just have fun! I'd like a guy who can make a joke even if things don't look bright. It reassures me we can make it through the good and bad times.

6. A MAN WHO RESPECTS HIS MAMA! This is crucial! If a guy treats his mama like shit, he will treat you much worse. A guy's mama is his first love. Don't forget it.

7. A man who keeps himself together: You don't want to live with a really messy person. You don't want a guy who doesn't stay clean, esp if he wants you to be intimate with him. Yes, he can fart,but I'm not going downtown if a guy isn't clean. No way in hell. lol.

8. A guy who knows when it's time for sex and when it's time for bonding. Sex is great but sex does not make a completely satisfying relationship by itself. A quiet night with wine and conversation works! A night just watching tv or cooking together works. Walking around town works. Sex can be before or after,but if a guy wants my heart he has to intellectually stimulate me. It's something really attractive about a guy who is clever to me.

9. A guy who has a good work ethic works too!


10. A guy who keeps his body in shape! I like tall guys and guys with a lil muscle to them. You don't have to be steroid though, i find that not attractive.

11. He has to love track,football or tennis! I'm a big fan of those 3.

12. He has to love my body and mind,nothing more or less.

13. He has to be good with kids and puppies. My 2 favorite things and I just want children one day! :-)


okay that's it for now. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment