Sunday, May 31, 2009

A talk with God?

Saturday(yesterday), was such a beautiful day! It was perfect weather outside! But that's not the point of this post. I have often been told it's possible to have conversations with God through other instruments, even people. I was randomly walking up nebreska st,nw dc looking for a place with a google map. On the way, a woman stopped me because she noticed I had a map. She asked where fort st nw was located. We looked on my google map and realized she was going the completely opposite way! So, we ended up walking the same direction, her, her bike and me. She started to have a conversation with me. It was rather interesting, she took my major,international studies in undergrad and she is now in her first year of graduate school(2 yr program). She told me she lived in capitol hill(very expensive area). I had to ask what she took up, on the count being employed and keeping a job is getting harder everyday. I miss the days of certainty. I miss everything I used to have and took for granted. I hate how that saying that the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side. Jeez.

Anyways, I have been contemplating whether to specialize in south america or the middle east. I got an answer from this woman, named Elizabeth. I felt like God made us meet that day and he gave me an answer through her. I felt as if the occassion was important. I felt that it gave me direction. I felt as if, for once, I was not that lost, even if I had a map trying to find my way. I felt God was guiding me on my way. It felt beautiful.

It has been on my mind ever since...but we'll see where my path leads me. Tomorrow is never expected but we're told during our today to think ahead. How strange.


Thinking ahead, I am counting the days until I visit my hometown once again. I hope good things come on this trip home, hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment