Tuesday, May 12, 2009

trying to write songs

who would have thought this would be so hard? A song with meaning but catchy enough for people to remember. Right now I am just going to follow basic steps and type titles to make up song lyrics. wish me luck!

Verse: The verses in a song all have the same melody but different lyrics. The verse lyrics give us information about the situation, emotions, or people in the song.
Chorus: We may hear the chorus of a song three, four or more times. The lyric and melody remain the same each time it recurs.The chorus lyrics sums up the heart of the song. The title of the song almost always appears in the chorus section and may be repeated two or more times.

Bridge: The bridge has a different melody, lyrics, and chord progression from the verse or chorus. It provides a break from the repetition of verse and chorus. The lyric often provides an insight or revealing moment.

Pre-chorus: Many of today's hits include a short section at the end of the verse that builds energy, letting the listener know that the chorus is coming. By creating a sense of anticipation, the chorus has even more punch when it finally arrives.

2 comments:

  1. I used to write songs... I kinda miss it. You can't really force it without inspiration though :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i noticed. ugh. I guess i'll have to sit and wait for it to come to me. I don't know rather being really happy or really depressed will make a brilliant song.

    I'm just stressed right now. My grades. My rent. My job. My family. I can't seem to keep up. But this song is supposed to be what i think my bro's life was like the months before his death. knowing your days are numbers. going to work like everything is fine,but crying out for help. Not sure if anyone cares or what would they say if they knew...i'm still working on it.

    ReplyDelete